Re: Phasing out mouse compatibility events on tap?

On 16/01/2015 16:36, PhistucK wrote:
> I am actually not sure this proposal is even the right way forward, really.
>
> There should not be touch only websites and without the compatibility
> mouse events, or Pointer Events, you must implement event registration
> for every input. I think the way forward is to avoid that.

It's not about preventing mouse events in general, but suppressing only
the generation of those that are the result of a touch interaction
(meaning devs still should register handlers for keyboard, mouse, touch,
but at least they won't have to de-dupe mouse events that were the
result of a touch)

Patrick H. Lauke