Re: Phasing out mouse compatibility events on tap?

On 16/01/2015 16:46, PhistucK wrote:
> These compatibility events can be considered as the 'legacy Pointer
> Events'. You can rely on them instead of registering events for every
> pointer inputs.

Problem is that the compat mouse events are not equivalent. For
instance, you cannot track finger movements by using mousemove compat
events, as moving the the finger on the touchscreen simply will not
generate them.

> The short term way of improving this would be to add a property on
> compatibility mouse events that regards them as simulated

This is being discussed separately, but yes.

> and the long
> term of improving this would be Pointer Events.

As Google and Apple have indicated that they will not be implementing
PE...this discussion is about improving touch events for now. I agree
that PE are the way forward though for these scenarios.

Patrick H. Lauke