Re: Phasing out mouse compatibility events on tap?

> On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 11:21 AM, Arthur Stolyar <nekr.fabula@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Can we just have document.disableCompatibilityMouseEvents = true; for
>> "very, very, very" expirienced developer which know what thay do? I mean if
>> developer plan to use touchevents and knows that compatibility events will
>> mess his/her work, why developer cannot just disable them at all by
>> him/herself?
>>

> Yep, that's one possible API shape.  I hope that it's not just for "very"
> experienced developers though.  I'd like to believe that the easy-to-use
> frameworks of the future would do this by default so that even the least
> experienced developers just never need to think about it.
>
> I'm not sure an API on document is the best pattern though - it implies
> that the decision can be made for the page as a whole, when often a page is
> built out of components with different expectations/assumptions.  Maybe it
> should be a CSS property instead?  Or maybe it should be a
> preventMouseEvents() method on TouchEvent?
>

> --
>> @nekrtemplar <https://twitter.com/nekrtemplar>

I think we had disscussed something simillar sometime ago for
PointerEvents. Browsers already has some weird ways do stop compatibility
events and those ways, as time shows for us -- does not work well. I mean
it would be good to have ability to disable such behavior per region, but
only if it really will work that way as expected. I do not exactly want
that API to be on document, but as a developer I really want it at all.
This topic comes here time-by-time in an year (few years?) already and
nothing done yet. So I would have some basic, simple way/solution for it
now, which really work and at least might help to developers of
professional/big apps, then framework developer might utils that API too
and then all others.
--
@nekrtemplar <https://twitter.com/nekrtemplar>