Re: Phasing out mouse compatibility events on tap?

On 16/01/2015 16:25, Rick Byers wrote:
> I'm not sure an API on document is the best pattern though - it implies
> that the decision can be made for the page as a whole, when often a page
> is built out of components with different expectations/assumptions.
> Maybe it should be a CSS property instead?

Think this may still be dangerous (unless we define that property not to
be inherited), as devs may simply set it on HTML or BODY, and then have
issues where (3rd party?) components still rely/need mouse compat events.

>  Or maybe it should be a
> preventMouseEvents() method on TouchEvent?

Purely to my mind, that seems the more logical approach, as you're
trying to deal with/prevent default mouse compat events...so similar to
how you'd handle regular preventDefault()

Patrick H. Lauke