Re: Errata for Touch Events?

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 12:53 PM, Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
wrote:

> On 05/10/2014 13:33, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
>
>> Some of the things I'd have in mind are purely stylistic (e.g. adding an
>> explicit, but non-normative, little box-out to
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/touch-events/#mouse-events to spell out what the
>> typical event sequence following a "tap" would be, in same way we've
>> done for Pointer Events in the last Note for 12.2
>> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/pointerevents/raw-file/tip/
>> pointerEvents.html#mapping-for-devices-that-do-not-support-hover).
>> Others are perhaps too implementation specific, such as spelling out
>> that mouse events will only be fired when there's a single touch point
>> on the screen - as soon as there's 2 or more, no mouse events (at least
>> on all platforms I tested) are being generated (again, along similar
>> lines of the clarification given for the fact that only primary pointers
>> fire mouse compat events in PE
>> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/pointerevents/raw-file/tip/pointerEvents.html#the-
>> primary-pointer).
>>

> As Matt pointed out that this is the place to discuss this, more focussed
> question to the CG: how do we work on this? Do we discuss things on the
> list first, or is there a bugzilla instance we use, or...?

So far we've just discussed things on the list and pushed candidate changes
where there is no objection to hg (visible here
<https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webevents/raw-file/v1-errata/touchevents.html>),
but the changes have all been pretty minor so far (although I owe the group
a more major change around sync/async).  See this thread
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-touchevents/2014May/0002.html>
for details.

At a high level, all of your proposed changes above sound good to me.  I'm
fine with the stuff you're calling "implementation specific" as long as the
implementations agree (either already implement what you describe, or agree
we should implement it).  I suggest you start sending proposed diffs to the
list (maybe each topic independently to make incremental progress easier).
When there's agreement on one, I think we can just push it to the draft in
hg (as a member of the CG, I believe you already have write access).