Errata for Touch Events: section 7 and what happens with more than a single finger

This one's still a bit ... meta.

> On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 12:53 PM, Patrick H. Lauke
[...]

On 06/10/2014 18:40, Rick Byers wrote:
> I'm fine with the stuff you're calling "implementation specific" as long
> as the implementations agree (either already implement what you
> describe, or agree we should implement it).

I've just retested this on a few devices/browsers (Android, iOS,
FirefoxOS). It seems there are two models implemented in the wild, based
on testing with
http://patrickhlauke.github.io/touch/tests/event-listener.html ... place
a touch anywhere that's NOT on the test button first, keep it there,
then try to tap the button:

- some browsers (e.g. Android/Chrome) only fire touchstart >
(touchmove)+ > touchend
- some browsers (e.g. Android 4.3/Browser, and surprisingly Safari/iOS8)
don't fire ANY events

If you tap with two fingers simultaneously on the test button, browsers
seem to agree a bit more and only fire touchstart > (touchmove)+ >
touchend (though depending on how "simultaneous" the tap was, you may
actually get more than one touchstart/touchend...but the main point is
no mouse or click events, with the exception of old Webkits that still
fire the mouseover > mousemove BEFORE touchstart).

So the question is: is it worth me trying to come up with some
generic-enough sentence that says something along the lines of "this
spec only defines the behavior for compat events in the case of a single
finger tap...anything else can and will be weird/inconsistent"?

Patrick H. Lauke