Re: Evidence of 'Wide Review' needed for VTT

On Wed, 14 Jan 2015 21:29:14 +0100, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:

>> On Jan 14, 2015, at 11:57 , John Luther <jluther@jwplayer.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, Dave, I was just writing to you. :-)
>>
>> Yes, we support WebVTT in JW Player and believe very strongly in the
>> technology. +Jeroen has been more involved in that activity than I have.
>>
>> video.js supports is as well, I've added Steve to the thread.
>>
>> Do you think this lack of feedback is a serious risk to the spec
>> advancing? This is surprising to me as every major desktop browser now
>> has basic support (http://caniuse.com/#feat=webvtt), surely that counts
>> as significant review & adoption?
>
> It counts as adoption, for sure, but we also need comments on the spec.
> itself.

Comments that have been addressed:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&component=WebVTT&list_id=50662&product=TextTracks%20CG&query_format=advanced

Comments that are still open:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&component=WebVTT&list_id=50663&product=TextTracks%20CG&query_format=advanced

There have also been comments sent to various mailing lists over the
years, e.g. feedback from me in 2011 including the word "webvtt":

https://www.w3.org/Search/Mail/Public/advanced_search?keywords=webvtt&hdr-1-name=subject&hdr-1-query=&hdr-2-name=from&hdr-2-query=simonp%40opera.com&hdr-3-name=message-id&hdr-3-query=&period_month=&period_year=2011&index-grp=Public__FULL&index-type=t&type-index=&resultsperpage=20&sortby=date

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software