Re: Metadata in the VTT file header (bug 15851), use cases (and a need to close this)

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 12:58:05 +0200, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:

> There's a whole thread about this how we arrived at this at:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-texttracks/2012Feb/0031.html
>
> Happy to reconsider, though, but might be good to address the concerns
> raised there.

Yes, I've read it. The discussion seemed to assume that all metadata has
to be placed between the WEBVTT header and a blank line, and the resulting
syntax is horrible IMHO. The assumption is wrong. We can use blocks and
support the same things with a cleaner syntax.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software