Re: WPT for browsers supporting Chrome DevTools protocol?

On 20/05/2022 20:58, Dmitry Mityugov wrote:
> Good day,
>
> Sorry if this is not a correct place to ask this kind of questions. I
> was pointed to this mailing list by https://web-platform-tests.org/
> <https://web-platform-tests.org/> page.
>
> Is it possible to run WPTests for a browser that supports only Chrome
> DevTools protocol? A good example is
> https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt-apps/qtwebbrowser.git
> <https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt-apps/qtwebbrowser.git>. If I run this
> browser with parameter --remote-debugging-port=4567, is it possible to
> run WPT for it remotely, using ./wpt run? If not, what should be done to
> add this support? I'll try to hack this myself but I'm just afraid that
> without some guidance my solution won't be optimal.

There isn't currently any support for running with CDP directly.

Your best bet might be to see if it's possible to port a CDP to
WebDriver proxy (e.g. chromedriver) to work with that browser, and then
add support in wptrunner to launch the browser and use the webdriver
test executor.