Re: test suite meta data

On 7/31/13 10:30 AM, "James Graham" <james@hoppipolla.co.uk> wrote:

>On 2013-07-31 14:12, Arthur Barstow wrote:
>> On 7/31/13 8:54 AM, ext Tobie Langel wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> Turns out I need info like GitHub handle of the test coordinator for
>>> a spec, mailing list to send pull requests to for each spec, etc.
>>>
>>> I can either put all of this information along with the scripts I'm
>>> writing, or we can put it directly in the repository in each
>>> sub-directory.
>>>
>>> So for example, you'd have a manifest.json file in FileAPI/ which
>>> would contain the following info:
>>>
>>> {
>>>      "test-coordinator": "KrisKrueger",
>>>      "mailing-list": [
>>>          "public-webapps-testsuite@w3.org"
>>>      ]
>>> }
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>
>> I tend to prefer what you describe above i.e. to distribute this info
>> in each toplevel directory (e.g. FileAPI/).
>
>That seems fine, but I wonder what you plan to use this for. I can't
>imagine all the subscribers to public-webapps-testsuite will want to get
>review spam for every webapps review, with no real way to silence it for
>reviews they aren't following.

I suspect Tobie is in the process of implementing the proposal he floated
to us little while ago [1]. You're right that you can't silence the mails,
but with subject prefix he proposed (e.g. [shortname]), they're easily
filtered. I'd suggest the the prefix includes a keyword that clearly
indicates it's PR activity (e.g. [github-shortname] or
[github][shortname]).  Would that be acceptable?

On a somewhat related note, right now I happen to be editing the doc that
describes how to notify people of new test submissions [2]. It suggests
(optionally) notifying public-test-infra or #testing in IRC (as listed in
the Communication Channels doc [3]). Should this be changed?

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-test-infra/2013AprJun/0078.html
[2]
https://github.com/w3c/testtwf-website/blob/gh-pages/docs/review-process.md