Re: Checkout of web-platform-tests pull request

On 14/04/2013 18:49 , James Graham wrote:
> Well I added some features, but not quite the ones we discussed :) In
> particular rather than looking at labels I added the ability to
> mirror or unmirror particular pull requests by adding specially
> formatted comments to the issue associated with the PR (in particular
> a comment starting w3c-test:mirror or w3c-test:unmirror,
> respectively). This avoids the need for polling, so it was much
> easier to implement. In addition I restricted auto-mirroring, and the
> ability to run the aforementioned commands, to people that already
> have write access to the repo.

It so happens that you really did the right thing. I just got word from
our friends at GitHub that they're interested in adding an event for
labels at some point, but that it won't happen any time soon. They
suggested that magic comments would be the way to go in the meantime.

> I should note that *none* of the code that happens in response to
> github hooks has been tested at all. Therefore it *is* broken. But
> hopefully only in trivial ways rather than "this design is
> unworkable" ways.
>
> [1] https://github.com/jgraham/github_sync

Sweet! Any reason I should just grab it and deploy?