Re: New UI for the Test Framework now available

So far, had a quick look only at
http://w3c-test.org/framework/app/suite/i18n-html5/results/scope=full.
Here are some comments.

[0] it seems to take a while to draw the page - any prospect of that
improving?

[1] please make the cursor change to pointer when you enable the links

[2] having the title of the test is useful, but to track things quickly
I also need the former test case id. Could we have an extra column for that?

[3] I'm not sure why the order of columns for the various platforms has
changed - this is a problem for me, since I create result page summaries
such as
http://www.w3.org/International/tests/html-css/character-encoding/results-basics
by copy-pasting the text on a page such as
http://w3c-test.org/framework/app/suite/i18n-html5/results/scope=full
into my pages (and then massage by js).

 Of course, what I've been really wishing for for some time is a means
of obtaining that information via AJAX, so that not only is it easier
but the results are always up to date.  I couldn't do it before because
I needed to read the source code in and parse it, but it wasn't fully
XHTML. I suspect that I might be able to get the information from some
API now. Any hints on how to do that?

[4] the contrast of text on the coloured background isn't very high - i
have to squint a little, particularly with the blue on green/red.

[5] it would be useful to retain the page title (eg. i18n HTML5 Results)
so that I know what I'm looking at when returning to the page or fipping
between open windows.

[6] please add back a link at the bottom of the page to  bugzilla - very
useful in the past. Also links to the author are probably useful.

[7]  on pages like http://w3c-test.org/framework/app/suite I'd rather
have the buttons on the left, since they can be a long way off on the
right, and I need to check I'm still on the right line.

That's all i've time for for now. Hope that helps.

RI

PS: Great that you show the assertion in the individual page views.

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Activity Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)

http://www.w3.org/International/