Re: Joining the Web Testing IG.

On 06/15/2011 04:12 PM, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
> Does selenium allow for testing mobile browsers as well?
>
> Looking at
>    http://seleniumhq.org/about/platforms.html
> it doesn't seem to be the case.

It can in Opera at least because the test code and the browser instance
are separated by the scope protocol, allowing them to be on seperate
physical devices.

I have to say though that I have some reservations about using WebDriver
for testing support of various standards. Although there are clearly
things that it can do that we can't currently do with purely in-browser
tools, it is rather complex. I would worry about differences in
WebDriver implementations causing more apparent differences than actual
bugs in the implementations.

It is possible, however, that I have misunderstood what people are
proposing here. Is the idea to standardise on the use of WebDriver for
testing other specs, or to standardise WebDriver itself?