Re: [TalentSignal] Other requirements in JobPostings

Hello all,

So far we have had some discussion that we might add different terms(*)
to those originally suggested, and some that we might reduce the number
terms by consolidating Physical and Sensory requirements. I haven't got
the impression of any strong feelings for either, so I suggest we
proceed with the four below for the following reasons:

  * It's easy enough to add new terms later
  * It's easier to deal with the consequences of merging terms in the
    light of experience than it is to deal with splitting them
  * Alignment with JDX JobSchema+ is a good thing
  * Separate properties for Physical and Sensory requirements aligns
    well with these being separate categories of ability in ONet
    <https://www.onetonline.org/find/descriptor/browse/Abilities/> [1]
    --another good thing.

Noting these categories in ONet, I also think it is worth adding
DefinedTerm to the list of acceptable types for relevant properties.
However, while a defined term can precisely identify the ability
required it cannot as it stands identify the extent. So with defined
term you can say that a job requires dynamic strength
<https://www.onetonline.org/find/descriptor/result/1.A.3.a.3>, but not
how much.  I think this is something worth discussing with the wider
schema.org community as I think any solution would not be limited to our
domain.

I have summarized this in an updated wikipage for this issue
<https://www.w3.org/community/talent-signal/wiki/Requirements_other_than_competencies_and_credentials>
[2]. Unless I hear otherwise I will proceed to make a proposal for
adding these to schema.org.

Best regards, Phil

(If you are DC for the Talent Forward conference tomorrow,  say hello if
you see me)

* (from Merrilea, to cover travel, shift work, permits, vehicle ownership)

1.https://www.onetonline.org/find/descriptor/browse/Abilities/

2.

--

Phil Barker <https://people.pjjk.net/phil>. http://people.pjjk.net/phil