Re: [TalentSignal] proposal for Job Start Date

I am on board with this. I think it solves my original concerns.

Thanks,
Jason

From: Phil Barker <phil.barker@pjjk.co.uk>
Date: Monday, May 6, 2019 at 6:12 AM
To: "public-talent-signal@w3.org" <public-talent-signal@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [TalentSignal] proposal for Job Start Date

Hello all.

Following the discussions last week and the suggestion from Anderw Cunsolo, I have redrafted the proposal on the wiki. It now reads:

jobStartDate
Definition: The date on which a successful applicant for this job would be expected to start work. Choose a specific date in the future or use the jobImmediateStart property to indicate the position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Expected type: ISO 8601 Date<https://schema.org/Date>

jobImmediateStart
Defintion: An indicator as to whether a position is available for an immediate start.
Expected type: Boolean<https://schema.org/Boolean>

(I added the hint to "use the jobImmediateStart property to indicate the position is to be filled as soon as possible" to steer people away from using text in what I think will be the most common scenario for that.)

Please think through how this would work for real-world examples and let me know of any comments. I will work up the pull request to submit via the schema.org github repo, hopefully at the end of this week.

Phil