RE: [TalentSignal] proposal for Job Start Date

To my mind, “negotiable” and “as soon as possible” are similar enough that they shouldn’t need separate handling – both convey a similar message which (I think) is well-handled with the proposed “jobImmediateStart” attribute.

Thanks,
- Joseph

From: Phil Barker <phil.barker@pjjk.co.uk>
Sent: Monday, May 6, 2019 8:17 AM
To: public-talent-signal@w3.org
Subject: Re: [TalentSignal] proposal for Job Start Date

Welcome Martin, and thank you for the introduction and valuable contribution.

From your breakdown I think that the current proposal<https://www.w3.org/community/talent-signal/wiki/Provide_start_date_for_job> covers all bar the "Negotiable" case (see below).

  *   We could give guidance such as "leave blank for negotiable"
  *   We could go back to soliciting text values
  *   We could do a bit of both -- i.e. "leave ISO Date blank for negotiable" and add Text as an expected value type
  *   other?

Whatever put in the definitions we can clarify with examples.

Phil