Re: [TalentSignal] Better more flexible coding of Occupational Category

Hello all, and thank you for your comments on this issue.

I have just suggested that an existing pull request
<https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/pull/2207> on schema.org's
github be amended to include the definition and example that arose from
this discussion.

We have a wiki page
<https://www.w3.org/community/talent-signal/wiki/index.php?title=Better_more_flexible_coding_of_Occupational_Category&action=edit>
for this issue to which we can add more discussion and examples if we wish.

The last thing to mention on this subject is that it surfaced a further
issue around JobPosting <https://schema.org/JobPosting> having a
property for occupationalCategory and one for relevantOccupation which
can also be used to specify the occupationalCategory. I've added this to
our issue list
<https://www.w3.org/community/talent-signal/wiki/Issues,_use_cases_and_requirements#Issues>
so we can consider discussing it in the future.

Phil