From: Phil Barker <phil.barker@pjjk.co.uk>
Date: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 11:36 AM
To: "public-talent-signal@w3.org" <public-talent-signal@w3.org>
Subject: [TalentSignal] Suggested first actions

Hello all,

I have set up a wiki for the Talent Signal community group<https://www.w3.org/community/talent-signal/wiki/Main_Page>. You should all have edit access when logged in to your W3C account.

I have copied to the wiki most of the content from the Google doc on possible requirements for job descriptions<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SfB2d-CkxrbfOJJPcBjb_etGJJ0_Rk9ELpqsQx5QwKA/edit#heading=h.52xm8fh2jw5g> that I circulated last month. That content is now here: https://www.w3.org/community/talent-signal/wiki/Issues,_use_cases_and_requirements

I suggest that we pick a few of the issues on that page and try to address them in time for the next release of schema.org (due May 1). We should chose some which seem relatively significant but easy. I think these are good candidates:

  *   occupationalCategory definition requires O*Net-SOC taxonomy, which is too prescriptive & US-centric. See also issue 2192 and PR 2207 which adds CategoryCode to range of occupationalCategory.
  *   Should be able to provide start date for job (see issue 1829 point 10)

    (see wiki for relevant links)

Please indicate (by reply to this email) whether you think these are a reasonable choice and whether you would add any others. After Easter we can look at suggested changes to propose to schema.org.

Also please suggest any changes to the wiki by way of new use cases, refinements to the existing text, clarifications etc. either by email if there needs to be discussion or by fixing what is on the wiki if there is a clear error.

Best regards, Phil
--

Phil Barker<http://people.pjjk.net/phil>. http://people.pjjk.net/phil

CETIS LLP<https://www.cetis.org.uk>: a cooperative consultancy for innovation in education technology.
PJJK Limited<https://www.pjjk.co.uk>: technology to enhance learning; information systems for education.

CETIS is a co-operative limited liability partnership, registered in England number OC399090
PJJK Limited is registered in Scotland as a private limited company, number SC569282.