Re: [TalentSignal] Better more flexible coding of Occupational Category

On 25/04/2019 16:46, Fritz Ray wrote:
> I have internal gripes that the examples aren't great linked data, but
> from a descriptive data standpoint, this looks good.
Fair point, and thanks.

> The ideal case would be that the occupationalCategory links to the
> Computer System Analysts webpage
> <https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1121.00> that is either
> Schema.org data or Schema enriched HTML -- and self-describes in a
> consistent fashion. I don't see any problems with that use case either.

I don't know the details of O*Net linked data provision, AFAIK there
isn't any for the O*Net 2010 edition used in the original example. For
the 2019 update, is this better?

<script type="application/ld+json">
{
   "@context":"http://schema.org/"  <http://schema.org/>,
   "@type": "JobPosting",
   "name": "Systems Research Engineer",
   "hiringOrganization": {
     "@type": "Organization",
     "name": "ACME Software"
   },
   "occupationalCategory": {
      "@type": "CategoryCode",
      "inCodeSet": {
           "@type": "CategoryCodeSet",
           "name": "O*Net-SOC",
           "dateUpdated": "2019",
           "url":"  <https://www.bls.gov/soc/2018/>https://www.onetonline.org/"  <https://www.bls.gov/soc/2018/>
        },
      "codeValue": "15-1211.00",
      "name": "Computer Systems Analysts",
      "url": "https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1121.00"
  }
}
</script>

Still swithering between updated and published. That url from Fritz say
updated, so...

Is there are better URI for the term as linked data, that could be used
as @id?

Of course, if the linked data is fully working, there is no need to put
the information about the CategoryCodeSet as that could be fetched from
the URI. However, I think there is no harm in showing how to provide
that information in an example, and I think it would be necessary to
have something as a fallback for systems that don't fetch that data.

Phil