Re: [TalentSignal] Suggested first actions

Hi Jason, everyone.

On 19/04/2019 14:19, Jason Sole wrote:

> I agree with your list. What room do we have to change the
> occupationalCategory values though? I like the approach that was
> mentioned here by Richard Wallis:
>
> https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/2192#issuecomment-481610940
>
> Where instead of codifying a specific standard, you provide the
> ability to specify the code set you are using.  This would be helpful
> even if you are using O*Net, as there are multiple versions in use
> right now. We use O*Net a LOT at DirectEmployers, but have to change
> the version depending on what the data recipient is using.

Yes, I think that is something we could suggest, and it seems to me to
be the right approach.

> We use the above syntax a lot in the HR Open Standards specs, but I’m
> not familiar enough with Schema.org to know if this the case for them
> or not.

That's useful to know, thanks

Phil

--

Phil Barker <http://people.pjjk.net/phil>. http://people.pjjk.net/phil
CETIS LLP <https://www.cetis.org.uk>: a cooperative consultancy for

CETIS is a co-operative limited liability partnership, registered in
England number OC399090
PJJK Limited is registered in Scotland as a private limited company,
number SC569282.