RE: Request to summarize overall `state` of each spec

On Friday, November 1, 2013 at 6:36 AM, Wonsuk Lee wrote:

> Hi. Editors!
> Before F2F meeting in China, could you please summarize overall state of the spec you are developing? E.g. status, major issues, next steps, etc.
> It would be very helpful for our meeting, because candidate attendees could understand status of the spec and could think about major issues indicated before discussion in f2f.

Hi Wonsuk, all,

Messaging API status:

* Changes since the Toronto F2F:
- Adding support for Read Reports
- Deleting 'draft' state
- Making segmentInfo asynchronous

* Open Issues:
- Main issue is deciding whether to change the API to be based on DataStore API at this stage or rather publish a first version of the API without relying on it, and change the API just when DataStore API has demonstrated do the job based on implementation experience. The following open issues in GitHub depend on this decision: #37, #57, #81 and #82.
- I propose to close the following old GitHub issues, as they are not crucial. I will do it by the end of this week unless anybody complains: #9, #19 and #32
- Issues pending implementation: #36 (progression of messaging events), and #75 (adding 'sending' and 'fetching' events)
- Issues pending discussion: #79 (consider using MessagingService objects)

* Next steps: Decide on the DataStore API issue and then implement the few pending changes and then the API should be mature enough to go for LC

Regards,
Eduardo.

This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at: