Re: [sysapps/runtime] can user add another store apps?

On Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 1:00 AM, Norifumi Kikkawa wrote:

> Hi Wonsuk, thank you for your response.
>
> On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 08:57:43 +0900
> Wonsuk Lee <wonsuk11.lee@samsung.com (mailto:wonsuk11.lee@samsung.com)> wrote:
>
> > Hi. Kikkawa.

I don't know what OWP is, but yes: in theory, an application that is it self an app store could be created by a developer.

> > > For example,
> > > - Can an "app store" app be added even if no "app store" apps installed?
> >

> > Do you mean side loading?
>
> No, I'm curious about a way to install app (including new app store)
> without other app store. Without that a user may lose a way to use
> other store than the bundled store if the bundled one doesn't show
> other store.

How I understand it is: the installation management APIs are very privileged APIs, hence would only be available to a select group of developers. These APIs would not be available to all web developers.

Given that these APIs are only for privileged developers, we are currently discussing if we should actually be standardizing those.