Re: [sysapps/runtime] can user add another store apps?

Hi Wonsuk, thank you for your response.

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 08:57:43 +0900
Wonsuk Lee <wonsuk11.lee@samsung.com> wrote:

> Hi. Kikkawa.

Yes, I mean "app store" type app as those like Apple app store or Google
Play themselves. I understand the runtime spec enables web-based app
store app which can introduce other apps and manage (i.e.
update/uninstall) apps installed by the store.

My question is whether a user can add store itself onto his/her webOS or
not. A user can select any EC site to purchase something in web.
Likewise, I believe a user can use any app store to purchase web app
in OWP.

> > For example,
> > - Can an "app store" app be added even if no "app store" apps installed?
>
> Do you mean side loading?

No, I'm curious about a way to install app (including new app store)
without other app store. Without that a user may lose a way to use
other store than the bundled store if the bundled one doesn't show
other store.

> > - Can an added app be granted access to ApplicationRegistry with user
> permission?
>
> In my understanding, it seems that user permission is not required to access
> ApplicationRegistry. Most of interfaces for ApplicationRegistry probably
> would be used by app store.

Thanks,
Kikkawa