Re: [Execution and Security Model] Proposal from Samsung Electronics

On 18/02/13 17:38, John Lyle wrote:
> I guess the main value in standardising a 'certified' level is that it
> would allow a manufacturer with this requirement to implement an API on
> multiple web app platforms with similar access control and security
> expectations.  However, I agree that this is a fairly small aspect of
> the security model, and the benefit of standardisation is minimal.  But
> as it is common to webinos, Tizen and Firefox OS (sorry, I'll stop
> calling it B2G soon) perhaps it would be harmless to make it an optional
> part of the specification?

Your usage of the third level seems to be very close to ours then. I
wouldn't mind specifying that third level but I'm not sure all our
implementations give access to that third level the same way. Also, I'm
not sure any standardized API will ever request to be limited to that
third level. But I guess adding the level wouldn't hurt and we could
simply remove it if it appears to be useless.

--
Mounir