Re: Semantics of WSDL vs. semantics of service

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 05:08:50PM -0000, Battle, Steven wrote:
> > Clarification about semantic annotation for wsdl:
> > The *meaning* is actually in a separate document (or several
> > ones). The annotation in the WSDL is supposed to *point* to
> > *external information*.
> >

> Has this been decided already? The charter says, "The Semantic
> Annotations for WSDL Working Group is chartered to define one or more
> properties of WSDL 2.0 components to point to additional semantics to
> concepts represented by those components, e.g. interface, operation,
> endpoint."

The charter also says "Additionally, the Working Group may define
annotations to the schema structure to point to external semantics."
The examples given by Xuan Shi fall in the typing category and my
first thought is to use annotations on the schema structure of the
WS description. I have not worked (and will not) on his particular
cases though.

> Nothing in the charter restricts this additional semantics being
> embedded in the WSDL document itself. Indeed if it is, the likelihood is
> that tools will simply ignore the additional semantic components.

These issues will certainly be discussed in the group, keep your
scenarios for the future debates :)