RE: OSRR vs. OWL-S, WSMO, and others

I agree. In the initial discussion and description about OSRR approach in
paper:

http://ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/Publications/CEUR-WS/Vol-140/paper1.pdf

the title of section three is just "3. MESSAGE-ORIENTED SEMANTIC WEB
SERVICES".

By transferring message in XML document directly via HTTP, we can connect
distributed machines and programs together without the WSDL/SOAP framework.
Thus semantic Web services should describe the meaning inside the
message/XML document, without concerning about the framework by which the
message is transferred.

SOAP is good for programmers by the OOP approach. However, in OSRR, the
first task for programmers is to process the XML document before they jump
into OOP. That's the only difference. You can do whatever you want to do in
the traditional OOP approach.

Please take a quick look on the diagram I draw for my article, you may find
that in SOAP, computer will do the serialization/deserialization to create
an XML document (SOAP message). In OSRR, programmers have to do such work
themselves because most of the consumers of their services may not be
programmers, thus such message does not need to contain varied jargons.

Best wishes,

Xuan