Re: Additional information in OWL-S descriptions

Matthew R Bogner wrote:

> Juergen,
>
> In case you are looking for a specific suggestion, I would suggest
> rereading this specific part of the technical walk through of OWL-S,
> (http://www.daml.org/services/owl-s/1.0/owl-s.html#Attributes).  I could
> imagine that you might like to put together something like this into
> your profile ontology.
>
> <profile:serviceParameter>
>         <addParam:Computations rdf:ID="#OtherComputationProblems">
>                 <profile:serviceParameterName>Additional Computation
> Problems</profile:serviceParameterName>
>                 <profile:sParameter
> rdf:resource="&concepts;#OtherGAMSproblems" />
>         </addParam:Computations>
> </profile:serviceParameter>
>
> Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong or misinterpreted the
> example.  Have a look at the BravoAirProfile.owl  file in the examples
> section for a good example of how they use the serviceParameter property
> in relation to the GeographicRadius example.

An alternative to using serviceParameter, which I personally think is
preferable in many situations, is to create a subclass of Profile (e.g.
MathServiceProfile), and then define whatever properties you like for
that subclass (e.g., algorithm, taxonomicReference).  This approach is
described and illusrated (simply) under Profile Hierarchy on the
examples page:
   http://www.daml.org/services/owl-s/1.1B/examples.html

> Many thanks to everyone that's been working so hard on OWL-S.  I like it.

Thanks!

- David Martin