Re: [ann] CODE (CMU OWL-S Development Environment) - Beta release available

Paul,

The OWL-S IDE gives the developer a starting point, but the developer
should be aware of the assumptions that are made by the translation
system, and that were listed very well by Bijan.   Anyway, once the
translation is completed, the developer will have access to the OWL-S
editor and she will be able to modify the code produced as she prefers
(we are currently working on an editor for the grounding, and editors
for WSDL are already available).  If information is lost, or if bugs are
introduced, the developer will have a chance to fix the problem with the
editor.

On a more scientific/technological point of view,  there should be a
connection between the OWL-S description and the Java code,  and ideally
you would like to derive the complete OWL-S description from Java.  The
problem is that this transformation requires many decisions and
abstractions (Which java functions to model?  how to abstract java
classes to owl classes? how to model data/control flow? etc) that makes
it very difficult to automate.  The CMU tool is a first step,  but the
arena is open for everybody to contribute.

--- Massimo