Re: Let's turn aspiration into fact?

Fair. Here's my pitch:

The year is 2026. The Fediverse is looser, and more fluid than it is today.
Rather than being tethered to specific instances, users can transition
freely, from one space to another.

User migration works similarly to signing in to an instance with an app. An
old account is authenticated against the new account, and the identity is
verified.

From there, the person can sign in from either space, treating their other
Connected Actors as a relay that optionally announces posts from other
accounts.

Moving is as simple as declaring one Connected Actor as the primary one,
but the user can also safely close those other accounts if they want.
Changing the Primary Actor updates references from replies, mentions,
comments, and search results, to the new account in question.

As part of this process, a user can easily update the Author field of all
their old posts, or may alternatively pick and choose what things to bring
with them. The process is largely invisible to people, they just one day
notice that their friend's handle is different.

As far as user data is concerned, that's where things get really
interesting. A user's data isn't just a bunch of notes, or status updates,
or even one type of content. It's pictures, and videos, and forum threads,
and private group chats. That data all lives in their main server, they
just use a wide variety of clients to interact with all of that in
different ways and forms.