Re: META/Facebook/Insta feeds via ActivityPub and ads?

> On 22. May 2023, at 18:28, Bob Wyman <bob@wyman.us> wrote:
>
> What is an ad?
> If someone at Mastodon posts that they are hiring people (as they have), is that an ad?
>     • If someone at Mastodon posts a link to where you can buy Mastodon "merch" (as they have), is that an ad?
> bob wyman

This all is user behaviour. That other users can block/mute. I am thinking of META *adding* posts/content to the user stream, not the user themself. Remember that you subscribe to a feed/stream which gets curated by the instance. If that instance decides to inject additional content - is that part of the stream or not? Regardless of the content being ads or something else.

Jan