Re: META/Facebook/Insta feeds via ActivityPub and ads?

My first thought is that a document with best practices for advertising on the social web is a great output for this group.

I’d also like to remind folks that Meta is one of the member organizations of the W3C, and ideally the team working on this code would become participants in this group. Let’s make sure we talk about them that way!

I think platforms that inject advertisements into a user's stream should be aware that filtering will happen along the path, and that other platforms are under no obligation to prevent that filtering by the user’s remote followers.

Advertisements should also be clearly labeled as such.

Evan