Re: Proposal ideas for Activity Streams 3 Standard

On Fri, 31 Mar 2023 at 20:12, Jacky Alcine <yo@jacky.wtf> wrote:

> Agreed. Maintaining compatibility with existing tools is also important.
> AP is not the easiest to implement and building a breaking version could be
> discouraging

The idea is this is well into the future and the individual functional
extensions could be AS2 JSON-LD @Content extensions until tried and tested
in the real world.

I just put this forward as I got positive noises from the FediForum

> On Fri, 2023-03-31 at 13:54 -0500, a wrote:
>
> none of this requires or justifies AS3. a far better approach to take is
> to create conformance profiles or protocol suites based on existing
> protocols. see https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0459.html for an example
> of this on the xmpp/xsf side.
>
> Yes this is more on the ActivityPub "transport" level, but it would be
good to have interop worked out and written in standards.

Aaron
--
Aaron Gray

Independent Open Source Software Engineer, Computer Language Researcher,
Information Theorist, and Computer Scientist.