Re: Regular SWICG meetings and CG process

On Thu, 30 Mar 2023 at 02:46, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
wrote:

> st 29. 3. 2023 v 21:12 odesílatel Johannes Ernst <johannes.ernst@gmail.com>
> napsal:
>
>> On the call today, there was also the thought of having separate, smaller
>> meetings focused on specific parts of the overall problem.
>>
>> The main categories of subjects that I wrote down were mentioned today:
>>
>> 1. Core ActivityPub spec issues / improvements (e.g. use of HTTP content
>> negotiation)
>>

> This is good!

1.5. JSON-LD @context extension declarations and comprehension

    https://json-ld.org/

JSON-LD libraries
    - https://www.npmjs.com/package/jsonld
    - https://github.com/digitalbazaar/pyld
    - https://pkg.go.dev/github.com/go-ap/jsonld#section-readme - looks
incomplete
    - ...

>> 2. Significant potential extensions (e.g. cryptographic approaches to
>> more privacy)
>>

> Nomadic Identity is something that has been discussed on socialhub over
> the years as a way to more easily migrate from one instance to another
>

>> 3. Documentation and testsuite(s):
>>   a) just for ActivityPub
>>   b) for the entire stack needed to achieve real-world interop (e.g.
>> “will it show up in Mastodon”)
>> 4. Profiles (e.g. a minimal subset)
>>

> Profiles require a lot of work as they tie everything together, and many
> patterns are entrenched
>
> Different projects are doing things in different ways, and theres bugs
> that stay unfixed a long time
>
> To do work on profiles I think there's going to have to be buy-in from
> mastodon, to at least document the fine details of each fragment, and how
> they can change, point paths to interop (ties into (2))

Bridgy-Fed have some ground :-

    https://github.com/snarfed/bridgy-fed

IndieWeb looks like they have the ground on this also :-

    https://indieweb.org/IndieAuth

Mastodon publish their extensions :-

    https://docs.joinmastodon.org/spec/activitypub/
    https://github.com/felx/mastodon-documentation/blob/master/Extensions.md

Regards,

Aaron
--
Aaron Gray

Independent Open Source Software Engineer, Computer Language Researcher,
Information Theorist, and Computer Scientist.