Re: Let's meet. Was: Re: Should the specs be forked and maintained elsewhere?

On 23 Mar 2023, at 22:34, Johannes Ernst wrote:

> Can I see a show of hands who is planning to show up next Wednesday
> 10am pacific aka 17:00 UTC? Just trying to get a sense whether it’s
> 2 or 200 :-)
>
> Also, would it make sense for people who have a strong opinion on what
> should and should not be done to write up their core points in a
> (extremely brief) bullet list and post those here?

I will attend and have put together a short intro below to set
expectations if you like.

regards,
Marcus

# Intro

to the swicg meeting[1] on Wednesday, March 29, 10-11am pacific daylight
savings time. (17:00 - 18:00 UTC) at
https://meet.privacysafe.io/ActivityPub.

swicg stands for 'Social Web Incubator Community Group'[2].
To live up the term , let's be social ourselves in the first place.

1. be kind, treat all others with dignity,
2. assume benevolence, even if it doesn't sound like,
3. let's dedicate 10% of the time addressing societal impact as e.g.
safety, protection of minorities, human well-being, resource
consumption, etc.,
4. everything said and written is public and may be recorded,
5. try your video setup 15 minutes prior the meeting, prefer browsers
from the Chromium family,
6. wash your hands,
7. pick a unique nick easy to pronounce and write for most,
latin+numerals work fine,
8. if you intend to remain silent, prefix your nick with 's ', e.g. 's
Marcus',
9. please join the meeting muted but with video, you may switch that off
later,
10. the moderator should say hello to each participant and the
participant should respond,
11. the moderator may use the lobby and deny access without argument,
12. after you raise hand, the moderator may put you on the speaker list
(i.e. write your nick to the chat),
13. let's stick to the time, i.e. close record[3] and meeting sharp.
Discussions may continue elsewhere, however,
14. the record can emerge here[3] and be sent in plain text form to the
mailing list plus be mirrored elsewhere (put the links into the record).

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swicg/2023Mar/0124.html
[2] https://www.w3.org/wiki/SocialCG
[3] https://hebdo.framapad.org/p/activitypub-swicg-a008?lang=en

That said, we have the

# Agenda

about 15" each:

0. Welcome
1. Collect views on the future of ActivityPub (and related)
standardization
2. Emerge with some sense of common direction (or be more clear about
where disagreements may lie)
3. A couple of next steps

## Backlog

- schedule next meeting
- i18n
- canonical urls for discussion, drafting, publication (mitigate link
rot)