Re: Should the specs be forked and maintained elsewhere?

I agree that regular meetings would be a good idea, but I don't think the
specs necessarily need to be forked to be maintained, even though they're
in TR status and don't see active updates. Very few suggestions have
been made about actual practical improvements to the spec—the vast, vast
majority of open Github issues are usage questions that have been
addressed. Regarding the FEP process, while it has generated a lot of
productive discussion, it's less clear to me that it's been effective at
generating multi-implementor consensus, which is in my mind the most
important goal of a specification workgroup. I'm not aware of any currently
active FEP that got discussion from multiple implementers and then went on
to have multiple interoperable implementations.

Previously, the Community Group spent a lot of effort discussing and
working on "outreach"-focused initiatives that didn't move the ball forward
on technical integration. I think that's also a serious mistake that we
made in the past that we should learn from going forward. To my mind, what
we need to call a meeting is a concrete agenda of technical topics and an
actionable plan on *what* implementers or organizations are going to put in
the work to explore them or move them forward. We can't move forward as a
specification body without implementer buy-in and consensus.

I'm aware of implementer interest from Mastodon relevant to a few of the
topics I can see discussing: Reply approval, Groups. What other specific
technical topics do people feel like should end up on the agenda?