Re: "Evolving ActivityPub to reduce infrastructure costs"

> In every case I've seen, and I'm sure I have not seen them all, there is
> duplication between the data in the "Activity" part of a message and the
> "Object" part of the same message. If this is universally the case, and
> will remain so, it seems

I wanna make sure you understand that that's not like some accidental
emergent behavior or, as someone else described it, due to 'careless
design'.
It is because it's a feature of the protocol that is optimizing for
something other than minimizing amount of JSON.
https://www.w3.org/TR/activitypub/#object-without-create