Re: Rights Expression Language (REL) for Activity/Streams/Pub?

> On Mar 6, 2023, at 11:50, Bob Wyman <bob@wyman.us> wrote:
>
> I believe that a number of frequently discussed issues with AS2 could be resolved by supporting a Rights Expression Language (REL) such as the W3C's ODRL. ..

This would be not just very cool but also broader the appeal of the stack to more use cases. I love the idea of reusing existing stuff, and merging several categories of requirements into a single solution.

My primary questions:

* how complex would it be to implement this in existing code bases?
* who would be most likely to implement this, and not implement this?
* is there a way to implement this minimally but usefully with a “shortcut", so all it would do is show an icon in the UI, or something like that? Like tell the user only?

Best,

Johannes Ernst
Blog: https://reb00ted.org/
FediForum: https://fediforum.org/