Re: Meta Unspools Threads

ne 9. 7. 2023 v 2:20 odesílatel Johannes Ernst <johannes.ernst@gmail.com>
napsal:

> On Jul 8, 2023, at 15:32, Benjamin Goering <ben@bengo.co> wrote:
>
> I miss that 2005 energy.
>
> 8.2 Use-Case: Real-time Collaboration

> [1] https://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/XGR-socialweb-20101206/
>

> Re-reading this report is fascinating because the vision what should be
> was so much broader than what was implement — and much broader than it
> appears to be today.
>
> Why is that? Don’t those use cases make sense? (I think they do) Have they
> been superseded? (I don’t think so). So …? Count me baffled …

Indeed, the breadth of the original vision of a standards based social web
was impressive. I believe the narrowing focus stemmed from different
working styles and leadership during the group's evolution. In the
inception, the entire social web's standardization was on the table.
However, during the working group phase, microblogging became the main
priority, with other use cases relegated to a lesser degree of importance.

Such broader social web use cases were deferred to future work items. This
group now serves as a forum for both the historical and the broad social
web use cases. I think it might be valuable to ensure leadership styles
that will foster an open discussion and facilitate a comprehensive range of
use cases, rather than a more limited focus.