Re: Is there anyone here from major ActivityPub implementations? (Mastodon, Pleroma, etc?)

> On Jan 3, 2023, at 07:40, Bob Wyman <bob@wyman.us> wrote:
>
> ... if the incumbent implementors of the W3C Social Web standards aren't here, then an effort should be made to recruit them. It will be difficult to discuss making changes or extensions without input from those who currently depend on these standards.

Yes. Having worked with the specs and real-world implementations for a bit now (to interop with) I notice there’s a significant gap between what one would expect when only reading the specs, and what is actually working on the ground. Look no further than the @context declaration at the actor URL that Mastodon declares. E.g. at "curl '-HAccept: application/activity+json' https://social.coop/users/J12t”

It would be very useful of the standards could learn from why implementors thought they had to extend them (and not implement other parts) and perhaps in the medium term evolve the standards in the corresponding direction.

Cheers,

Johannes.