Re: The OWL file

Hehe, @nightpool makes an interesting point about the publication that
never happened.  It's worth noting that on April of 2017, that confusing
"and/or" was added along with the link to the future post-publication
URL
<https://github.com/w3c/activitystreams/commit/947960ed6b0929547a67db1dfe3dedc33a9af82c#diff-83b7041d8f15bf75c990054f5e1558ef418159825d4cb87ae455affc5968c0b7R6853>,
which would imply that maybe it was uncertain at that time whether the
ontology would be finished and worth publishing before the "stopwatch"
ran out on CR. Clever wording, future-proofed against timeline and
staffing problems!

As to official versus unofficial and workitem versus... idunno,
paraphenalia, I understood it to be derivative of the more canonical,
consensus-hardened @Context file which is to be taken as canonical
wherever the two differ; as such, it might perhaps be on the same level
as testing tools donated to the CG, right? Cristiano's characterization
on another fork of this thread sounds accurate to me: this more exacting
expression of the consensus vocab could be a useful tool for testing
implementations' processing/validation against that vocab... but only
after someone takes the time to obsessively iterate it as part of a
broader systematic conformance effort. Maybe worth returning to after
there is more of a conformance regime in place?

Also on another fork of this thread, Sarven points out that our CG
doesn't have much in the way of bespoke process docs. Those couldn't
hurt!  I know Bengo proposed some language for "rough consensus" via
mailinglist, but other than that proposal, which might not have been
approved, I think we are a touch lacking in explicit/specified
processes.  Maybe now's a good time to pick that up again and jot down
some minimum-viable/good-enough process docs for decisions like these?
If anyone's feeling inspired, perhaps some kind of workflow or lifecycle
for "supplemental work items" (e.g., testing tools and derived artefacts
like an alternate expression of something that IS a work item) could
also be folded into that CG mini-charter thingy, if it alleviated
anxieties about what's happening with vocabs and testing artefacts?
Glad to edit and share work if others have opinions and cycles to
donate, but don't really wanna pop it out from my own head Athena-like.

Thanks,
__bumblefudge