Re: Bluesky CEO in The Verge on how they are better than what ActivityPub can do

My understanding is that yes Activity Pub does have account portability but
it's not implemented in a way that guarantees account portability. If a
server host bans you they're under no obligation to enable you to migrate
your identity and data (posts) from one server to another.

As far as algorithmic moderation is concerned as long as users can choose
their algorithm, swap them out, or choose not to use one, I don't see a
problem. Don't we want flexibility and user choice? Maybe there are going
to be some good content curation algorithms that help us have good
information diets. There are also destructive ones like Facebook. Users
should have choice -- it shouldn't be up to developers how people decide to
curate content.

Adam