Re: A native internet protocol for social media

On 22 Apr 2023, at 20:59, ben@bengo.co wrote:

> “WebSockets” as DOM API

Is that client-to-sertver or server-to-server? Dom doesn't sound server
to me.

> Eg you can put it in front of AWS Lambda (or httpd + PHP) to do
> graphql subscriptions over graqhql-es over GRIP)

Amazon is probably the biggest computing system on the planet.
Definitively not small.

I see a non-trivial effort for small participants but no benefit
enabling otherwise relevantly harder things.

Think of people not having access to US payment systems for whatever
reasons. IMO social should be inclusive.

/Marcus