Re: Reminder: survey

On 2023-04-17 20:13, Johannes Ernst wrote:
> Friendly reminder we have a survey out there for what the work
> priorities of this group should and should not be going forward:
>
> https://apps.fediforum.org/nextcloud/apps/forms/NcDrRpJtQFCE8bX2
>
> So far there are 7 responses. It would be nice to get more responses,
> to get a reasonably accurate sense of people’s opinions.

I'm not sure it's a matter of opinions. Maybe the questions are not as
simple as they may seem.

For example, I think that all open issues should be addressed before
anything. Evan has started doing this work, and closing issues will
certainly clear the way for other work. But the questions in the form do
not account for this option.

There are a number of limitations in the community as well: access to
the repositories, access to the wiki... The SocialHub was created as a
way to bypass such issues. We were expecting that Discourse would
federate earlier, and that integration with Github would help triage
issues there. But this also met some issues. One of them is independent
of the Github-Discourse integration though: most people preferred moving
away from Github and embrace Codeberg instead.

So far the FEP process seems to be the best way for ActivityPub-based
ground work. ActivityPub discussions moved away from the SWICG to avoid
annoying people who are not necessarily interested in this, and prefer
working on non-ActivityPub protocols.

Etc.

==
hk