Re: Proposal ideas for Activity Streams 3 Standard

pá 31. 3. 2023 v 20:48 odesílatel Aaron Gray <aaronngray@gmail.com> napsal:

> [...]
> last FediForum (March 2023). Also do side debate whether an AS3 may or
> may not be a good idea too soon and the use of JSON-LD @content extensions
> may be a better mechanism for now.I am also adding some of the ideas I have
> from my social collaboration system notes. But hoping the group can have
> a proper discussion on all of this.
>
>   -  Feedin of Mastodon extensions
>     - https://docs.joinmastodon.org/spec/activitypub/#extensions
>
>   - Website integration
>     - bring in Bridgy Fed like / based extensions into the standard
>
>   - privacy mechanisms
>     - Notes
>     - visibility of Followers
>       - by specific Actors
>     - visibility of Following
>       - by specific Actors
>
>   - Node and feed sysop admin function formalization
>
>   - Feeds
>     - with Posts, Comments, Likes, and custom like icons.
>     - Reddit like vote up/down feed.
>     - Image based Instagram like feeds.
>
>   - Groups
>     - FEP pro spec :-
> https://codeberg.org/fediverse/fep/src/branch/main/feps/fep-1b12.md
>     - public/private
>     - open/secret
>     - Member types
>       - Creator(s)
>       - Admin
>       - Moderator
>       - Member
>     - management of members
>       - dumped
>          - leave date
>       - banned
>          - ban date and IP ?
>     - admin functions for members, posts, and comments.
>
>   - Annotation mechanism
>
>   - Calendar / Diaries
>     - private/public/shared
>     - with privacy and sharing of events
>     - "free time and space" collaboration diary combinators with privacy
>     - references to events
>        - todo items
>
>   - Todo lists
>     - flat
>     - hierarchical
>     - with links to other todo lists
>
>   - Bookmarks/Favourites
>     - sharing
>     - repositories
>       - import to Netscape Bookmark Format, XBEL, JSON, HTML
>       - export from Netscape Bookmark Format, XBEL, JSON, HTML
>
>   - authentication and authorization
>     - OpenID's
>     - DID's
>     (there was a session on these at the FediForum DID and Single Sign On)
>
>   - Extensions necessary for integration
>     - SkuttleButt
>        - from
>     - XMPP
>        - from
>     - RSS
>        - from
>     - NNTP - UseNet Network News Transfer Protocol
>     - Reddit integration
>     - email integration like github issues
>
>   - using OWL ontologies to describe all these

Regarding OWL, as applies to the 3 sections above, consider the use of
Inverse Functional Properties (IFPs), which already are used in Solid.
They allow a profile to be tied to other social networks with inferences.

https://www.w3.org/wiki/InverseFunctionalProperty

You may also want to consider adding nostr, which is a new, but rapidly
growing social protocol, popular with free software folks and grass roots:
( https://nostr.com/ )

An advantage of this is that it has migration from app to app built in, as
well as many social clients and apps (chat, microblogging, microapps).

There is already at least one nostr/fediverse bridge that is working pretty
well.  Hopefully more to come!