RE: Microformats vs RDFa

On 26.01.2007 12:22:17, Paul Walsh, Segala wrote:
>[PW]  I don't like the argument that appears to be forming; Microformats vs
>the Semantic Web. Doesn't make sense as it doesn't have to be one or the
>other and it doesn't make our job any easier.
The argument is actually worse, it's "MF's semantic Web" vs.
"W3C's Semantic Web", a pattern you'll see aggressively pushed in
many MF presentations. Of course it's childish and also doesn't make
sense, but it's a marketing strategy to (re-)define what people
associate with the term "[Ss]emantic Web". And it may work out if
we don't sweo properly.

I sweo, you sweo, he/she/it sweos, we ... ;)

Benjamin