Re: Microformats vs RDFa

Benjamin Nowack wrote:
> On 26.01.2007 12:22:17, Paul Walsh, Segala wrote:
>
>> [PW]  I don't like the argument that appears to be forming; Microformats vs
>> the Semantic Web. Doesn't make sense as it doesn't have to be one or the
>> other and it doesn't make our job any easier.
>>
> The argument is actually worse, it's "MF's semantic Web" vs.
> "W3C's Semantic Web", a pattern you'll see aggressively pushed in
> many MF presentations. Of course it's childish and also doesn't make
> sense, but it's a marketing strategy to (re-)define what people
> associate with the term "[Ss]emantic Web". And it may work out if
> we don't sweo properly.
>
> I sweo, you sweo, he/she/it sweos, we ... ;)
>
> Benjamin

Benjamin,

Which is why we need to contact the people behind the site and used this
poll as the context for conversation about Microformats and the Semantic
Web. Nothing better that educating when context is established :-)

We should not miss the opportunity to engage this community so that we
reverse the negative-network-effect that you describe in your comments
above.

--

Regards,

President & CEO