Re: Public SWEO Challenge? (was Re: Running code)

On 21.12.2006 15:42:19, Ivan Herman wrote:
>Benjamin Nowack wrote:
>> A nice example was the w3photo project which had a fixed time-frame
>Can you describe, for the others, what this project was/should be? Just
>to have several on deck...

w3photo[1] was an attempt to build a semantically enhanced repository
of photos taken at WWW conferences. It included setting up a simple photo
annotation application (+ image regions to select people), identifying
RDF terms for the descriptions, and getting WWW2004 participants involved.
The long-term goal was to establish a growing showcase at w3photo.org
(now broken :/) and to add features like aggregation of remote
descriptions, better access methods, and simple but cool views along
"info about all people who attended session x". It was also meant as
a data source for semantic mashups. I tried to revive the project in
2005, w/o any success, created confoto.org then instead, which now
hasn't been updated for ages either (full shame on me..).

>:-) Not that wild... But I would rather say: the tool builders should do
>a "how to build a foo" with someone else's tool. Now, that *is* a wild
>idea:-)
heh, yeah, that'd be fun.

Benjamin

[1] http://w3photo.org/about/