Re: ACTION: LeeF to summarize goals of resource gathering/recommending

Orri Erling wrote:

> [...]
Orri et al,

See:
http://myopenlink.net:8890/DAV/home/kidehen/gallery/my_photos/sparql_qbe_sioc_skos_shot1.png

This is a visual of the Query Builder (alpha) that we've developed using
OAT (OpenLink Ajax Toolkit [1]).  Liver versions of the QBE are
available  at:

1. http://myopenlink.net:8890/isparql/ (MyOpenLink Data Space Instance -
potential SWEO playground etc..)

2. http://demo.openlinksw.com/isparql/ ( general Live Demo Instance)

3. SPARQL Protocol Endpoint: http://myopenlink.net:8890/sparql/  (I'll
insert a SPARQL Protocol URL into the SWEO Wiki)

The query demonstrates Open Data Access to my Bookmarks Data Space (an
ODS-Bookmarks Instance) [2] that contains Bookmarks exported from my
Browser's database plus bookmarks  and tags I maintain at
http://del.icio.us/kidehen .

The only thing missing right now re. the QBE are:

1. Ability to Save Properly to WebDAV so that I can then expose various
saved SPARQL Queries (.rq file) from my Data Space via URIs
2. Handling of DISTINCT (note: OPTIONAL is handled via dotted
predicate-links)
3. General tidying up re. click event handling etc.

The items outstanding above (and a few other goodies) should be wrapped
in the next day or so.

Links:

1. http://demo.openlinksw.com/DAV/JS/demo/index.html (to see full
collection of RDF, SQL, and XML aware Controls for Javascript)
2. http://myopenlink.net:8890/dataspace/kidehen/about.rdf (my Data Space
URI)
3. http://myopenlink.net:8890/dataspace/kidehen (my Data Space via
Traditional Interactive Web Front Door)

Actual Raw SPARQL:
Beautified Version of SPARQL Generated by QBE (you can cut and paste
into "Advanced Query" section of QBE:

PREFIX rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
PREFIX sioc:   <http://rdfs.org/sioc/ns#>
PREFIX dct: <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/>
PREFIX skos: <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#>

SELECT distinct ?forum_name, ?owner, ?post, ?title, ?link, ?url ?tag
FROM <http://myopenlink.net/dataspace>
WHERE {
        ?forum a sioc:Forum;
                    sioc:type "bookmark";
                    sioc:id ?forum_name;
                    sioc:has_member ?owner.
        ?owner sioc:id "kidehen".
        ?forum sioc:container_of ?post .
        ?post  dct:title ?title .
        optional { ?post sioc:link ?link  }
        optional { ?post sioc:links_to ?url }
        optional { ?post sioc:topic ?topic.
                         ?topic a skos:Concept;
                                   skos:prefLabel ?tag}.
      }

Unmodified dump from the QBE (this will be beautified automatically in
due course):

PREFIX rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
PREFIX sioc: <http://rdfs.org/sioc/ns#>
PREFIX dc: <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/>
PREFIX skos: <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#>

SELECT ?var8 ?var9 ?var13 ?var14 ?var24 ?var27 ?var29 ?var54 ?var56
WHERE
{
 graph ?graph {
  ?var8 rdf:type sioc:Forum .
  ?var8 sioc:container_of ?var9 .
  ?var8 sioc:type "bookmark" .
  ?var8 sioc:id ?var54 .
  ?var8 sioc:has_member ?var56 .
  ?var9 rdf:type sioc:Post .
  OPTIONAL {?var9 dc:title ?var13} .
  OPTIONAL {?var9 sioc:links_to ?var14} .
  OPTIONAL {?var9 sioc:link ?var29} .
  ?var9 sioc:has_creator ?var37 .
  OPTIONAL {?var9 sioc:topic ?var24} .
  ?var24 rdf:type skos:Concept .
  OPTIONAL {?var24 skos:prefLabel ?var27} .
  ?var56 rdf:type sioc:User .
  ?var56 sioc:id "kidehen" .
  }
}