Re: [SKOS] editorial comment: basic version info in RDF documents?

On 21 Sep 2009, at 16:02, Antoine Isaac wrote:

> Hi Ivan,
>
>> I am happy to add it to the text and update it on the site, but I
>> would
>> prefer if you gave me the text to be added...
>

> OK, let's do that!
>
> ==== http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/skos.rdf and http://
> www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/skos-owl1-dl.rdf
>
> At the top of the current RDF documents there is already a comment,
> which we could change in the following way (I'm just quoting the
> relevant sentence):
>
> [
> This schema represents a formalisation of a subset of the semantic
> conditions    described in the SKOS Reference document.
> ]
> ->
> [
> This schema represents a formalisation of a subset of the semantic
> conditions    described in the SKOS Reference document dated 18
> August 2009, accessible at http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-skos-
> reference-20090818/.
> ]
>
> ==== http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/skos-xl.rdf :
>
> I suggest to add on line two (below the rdf:RDF opening tag) the
> following comment:
> [
> <!--
> This schema represents a formalisation of the semantic
> conditions    described in the SKOS eXtension for Labels (SKOS-XL)
> appendix of the SKOS Reference document dated 18 August 2009,
> accessible at http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-skos-reference-20090818/
> #xl. XML comments of the form Sn are used to    indicate the
> semantic conditions that are being expressed.            A number
> of semantic conditions are *not* expressed formally in this schema.
> These are:
>       S51
>    S55
>    S56
>    S57
>       For the conditions listed above, rdfs:comments are used to
> indicate the conditions.
> -->
> ]
>
> ====
>
> Does this seem ok?

Seems fine. Just as a word of warning -- the DL schema was produced
using an XSLT transform on skos.rdf that makes some assumptions about
the form of the document (basically the comments like <!-- Sn --> are
used to identify the axioms to strip out. Horrible, I know, but it
works....:-) So any significant edits on the skos.rdf schema might
break that. The proposed changes to the header comments should be ok
though.

Cheers,

	Sean

--