Re: [SKOS] editorial comment: basic version info in RDF documents?

Thanks for the warning:-)

Although I have _not_ yet uploaded it on the server (as I said, I have
to agree on the exact modalities on how this should be done), it may be
wise to run the file through your script. So I attach what I have on my
disc right now. Could you just check it?

Thanks

Ivan

Sean Bechhofer wrote:

> On 21 Sep 2009, at 16:02, Antoine Isaac wrote:
>
>> Hi Ivan,
>>
>>> I am happy to add it to the text and update it on the site, but I would
>>> prefer if you gave me the text to be added...
>>

>> OK, let's do that!
>>
>> ==== http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/skos.rdf and
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/skos-owl1-dl.rdf
>>
>> At the top of the current RDF documents there is already a comment,
>> which we could change in the following way (I'm just quoting the
>> relevant sentence):
>>
>> [
>> This schema represents a formalisation of a subset of the semantic
>> conditions    described in the SKOS Reference document.
>> ]
>> ->
>> [
>> This schema represents a formalisation of a subset of the semantic
>> conditions    described in the SKOS Reference document dated 18 August
>> 2009, accessible at
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-skos-reference-20090818/.
>> ]
>>
>> ==== http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/skos-xl.rdf :
>>
>> I suggest to add on line two (below the rdf:RDF opening tag) the
>> following comment:
>> [
>> <!--
>> This schema represents a formalisation of the semantic conditions
>> described in the SKOS eXtension for Labels (SKOS-XL) appendix of the
>> SKOS Reference document dated 18 August 2009, accessible at
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-skos-reference-20090818/#xl. XML
>> comments of the form Sn are used to    indicate the semantic
>> conditions that are being expressed.            A number of semantic
>> conditions are *not* expressed formally in this schema. These are:
>>       S51
>>    S55
>>    S56
>>    S57
>>       For the conditions listed above, rdfs:comments are used to
>> indicate the conditions.
>> -->
>> ]
>>
>> ====
>>
>> Does this seem ok?
>

> Seems fine. Just as a word of warning -- the DL schema was produced
> using an XSLT transform on skos.rdf that makes some assumptions about
> the form of the document (basically the comments like <!-- Sn --> are
> used to identify the axioms to strip out. Horrible, I know, but it
> works....:-) So any significant edits on the skos.rdf schema might break
> that. The proposed changes to the header comments should be ok though.
>
> Cheers,
>
>     Sean
>
> --
> Sean Bechhofer